Some tips for a long-lasting happy marriage
1. Make sure you take the time to talk and listen to each other.
2. Make sure that you express gratitude for the little things your partner does.
3. Celebrate anniversaries and other special occasions.
4. Put each other first and figure out ways to make your partner feel special.
5. Show your appreciation by doing some thoughtful and romantic gestures.
6. Communicate openly and honestly.
7. Spend quality time together, whether that’s going on a date or taking a walk.
8. Share mutual interests and find ways to support each other.
9. Laugh and have fun together.
10. Show physical affection often and freely.
11. Offer support and understanding in difficult times.
12. Respect each other’s opinions and differences.
13. Get out of your comfort zone and try new things together.
14. Work towards common goals.
15. Avoid power struggles and arguments by being understanding and compromising.
16. Make an effort to say “I love you” and “I’m sorry” often.
17. Make sure to do something special as often as possible.
18. Take time to appreciate each other.
19. Show your trust in each other.
20. Know that it’s okay to disagree, but also focus on understanding each other.
21. Connect with each other on an emotional level.
22. Make sure to put the relationship over and above any personal goals.
23. Respect the personal space each of you needs.
24. Appreciate each other’s strengths.
25. Appreciate your partner’s uniqueness.
26. Text or call each other during the day to show that you are thinking of them.
27. Learn from each other and recognize each other’s mistakes and successes.
28. Be a good friend and support system for each other.
29. Make emotional intimacy a priority.
30. Make sure to keep your relationship interesting with surprises and unexpected gifts.